It's that time of year again, Winnipeg. The 2014 Santa Claus Parade takes place Saturday, and CBC Manitoba has got you covered.
CBC Information Radio host Marcy Markusa and resident meteorologist John Sauder will be giving away noise-makers, toques, mitts and seat warmers.
Arrive early to take part in a variety of children’s games and activities, along with curling fun with CBC’s Trevor Dineen and Terry MacLeod. Those two are sure to keep you having fun and staying warm while you wait to see Santa and his sleigh.
Curl Manitoba is co-hosting CBC's seating block this year, bringing along Olympic gold medallist Jennifer Jones for the show. CBC's Janet Stewart will have an exclusive interview with them and Team Jones right before the parade begins, so tune in.
Lucky families will also have a chance to upgrade to the CBC VIP bleacher seats.
The show gets underway at 5 p.m., but roadside prime-seating areas along Portage Avenue will likely begin filling up earlier. So If you want a good view, come early!
A number of road closures will happen to accommodate the parade.
- Starting at 1:30 p.m.: Portage Avenue closed east of Sherbrook Street to Portage Avenue East at Westbrook Street
- Starting at 3 p.m.: Southbound Main Street closed from McDermot Avenue to Graham Avenue.
- Northbound Main Street closed from St. Mary Avenue to Portage Avenue.
- Pioneer Avenue closed from Main Street to Westbrook Street.
- William Stephenson Way closed from Main Street to Waterfront Drive.
Roads will re-open following the parade.